Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thanks for ordinary everyday stuff!

 God painted this on the top of the car in the night.  I don't know if it took Him all night (I doubt it) but I'm gonna guess that if I tried to paint this, it would take forever.  I like that He shows His amazing-ness over and over in big and small ways to me!  I often need reminding.....

I'm so thankful that God sent His only son to die for ME!
 I wandered outside this morning during chore time and admired all the FABULOUS FALL STUFF out there.  If it weren't so cold and wet outside, I'd just stay outside as long as Fall lasts, just to enjoy every leaf, every bit of color!

I'm so thankful for the beauty that is Fall.
 My Adirondack chair was a present from my incredible offspring!  They KNEW I have always wanted one and they managed to get it home and HIDE IT until they presented it to lil ole totally surprised me!

I'm SO thankful for my kids.
 This is my beloved chore wagon!  Have you ever tried to carry a gallon of milk any great distance?  Add a stainless pail or two, a milk filter and.....you have to set it all down and REST before you get to the house!  But NOT if you own a chore wagon!

I'm so thankful for my beloved husband who bought me this chore wagon!
 This is my home.  Doesn't it look inviting and homey and old-fashioned?  Aren't my trees adorable??  Can you see my espaliered apple tree? 

I'm so thankful to live OUT IN THE STICKS in this way cool house (do people say that anymore?)!!!
 This is Paxton.  Isn't her coat shiny?  It's kind of like a new copper penny.  She's a sweetie.  She's the most 'thinking' goat we've got.  She doesn't panic if something happens, but stops and thinks before she acts.  Wish I could be more like Paxton some days!

Thanks, Paxton, for being a lesson to me.
 I watch this tree in my yard every year as it changes color almost daily.  Then comes the day when the leaves begin to disappear....
So sad, but.....

God has promised that as long as the earth is still here, there will be Winter, then Spring, then Summer and then my beloved Fall will be back and I'll get to watch this tree again!

Genesis 8:22 KJV
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease .
 This is Marcail.  She is a funny bunny and she LOVES to play games with Mama (that's me).  Every day I feed & water her, pet her, and then we play this game with her toy.  I put it on her head and praise her profusely.....she'll eventually knock it off and we do it again (bunnies don't get bored with games easily.....I guess I don't either!). 
 This is a pecan pie.  You KNOW I'm thankful for this!  

(Easy!  Put 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup corn syrup, dash salt, 1/3 cup melted butter in a bowl.  Stir, then add 1 cup pecans, 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup coconut.  Toss it in an unbaked single pie crust and bake for 44 1/2 minutes (kidding) or so until a knife inserted comes out clean.  Make a fresh pot of coffee, milk a goat and fill the creamer and you've got a fabulous dessert!!!)
 Well, my wanderings came to an end and my camera ran out of battery, so I had to come in and get on with the mundane things of life (making the bed, vacuuming the living room...) and then on to making more primitives!  Today I'm doing finishing touches on SEVEN primitive rag dolls to sell on Ebay and a basket of primitive pumpkins. 

I'm thankful for Ebay, too.
Life isn't always easy and there's so much to distract us and keep us drained, unhappy, unhealthy.....But if you look around you, I promise that you can always find something to be thankful for - maybe where you least expect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment